Parishes and Christian organisations offer a wide range of activities for adults. The Finnish language may pose a challenge, but don’t be afraid to get involved – we will always do our best to accommodate you. Besides, you’ll be surprised by how quickly your Finnish improves!
Here are some examples of activities available to adults:
- Bible study groups explore the scriptures and give you an opportunity to talk about life and to pray together. Prayer and Bible study groups are open to everyone.
- The Alpha course offers you a practical introduction to the basics of Christian faith.
- Adult confirmation classes allow you to get to know your parish and to talk about life with the supervising pastor if you have not yet been confirmed.
- The Catechumenate Adult Faith programme is a new initiative that helps you reflect on faith and deepen your spiritual life in a small group.
- Retreats offer rest and meditation, allowing you to reflect on the direction of your life. They are organised by parishes and the Friends of Silence.
- You can make a pilgrimage both at home and abroad.